- Producing concept sketches, detailed designs, structural and thermal calculations and reports in accordance with project programmes, under the guidance of a team leader.
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the coordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
- Liaising with estimators and advise on appropriate design solutions for pricing purpose.
- Maintaining internal document control of drawings.
- 5 years industry experience, preferably as a designer for specialist facade subcontractor, or an architectural technician specialising in facades.
- Relevant degree (Facade Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Structural Engineering, etc.).
- Strong commercial acumen with genuine knowledge of the industry, with eye for detail – able to design 2D and 3D.
- Knowledge of glass, thermal performance, structural façade performance.
- Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team.
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements.
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in steel, stainless steel, aluminium and glass.
- Full-time position at an established and rapidly growing company.
- Annual salary starting from £40,000 – depending on experience.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and career progression.
- Working with major brands on exciting, grand projects.